Nurse Practitioner - Locums
We are currently seeking a locum(s) Nurse Practitioner (RN-EC), who as a valuable member of the Community Health Centre team will provide services within the RN-EC scope of practice at the Longlac site.
We are seeking to fill a locum period from January 2, 2018, to April 27, 2018. A minimum of four days is requested for a locum period.
Comfortable housing is provided a close distance to the Centre. Travel time, airfare and mileage are reimbursed.
There is a strong practice emphasis on disease prevention, health promotion, and education and community partnerships.
Longlac is a three hour drive (320 kms) east of Thunder Bay halfway between Toronto and Winnipeg on the shore of Long Lake a half hour from Geraldton and two hours from Hearst.
- A population of 1,700, Longlac is a family friendly bilingual community offering many outdoor leisure activities for a healthy family living lifestyle.
- A Multidisciplinary Team: 1 Physician, 2 Nurse Practitioners, 3 RN’s, 1 Dietitian, Community Health Workers, Lab Assistant, Community Nutrition Workers and Administrative Support Staff. Telemedicine equipment on site. Courtesy Privileges for diagnostic tests ordered through Geraldton District Hospital – half hour away. Ambulance base located next door to the health Centre. Nightingale on Demand for Electronic Client Records.
- BScN in nursing from a recognized University.
- Certificate in the extended class from the CNO.
- Thorough knowledge and proficiency in current nursing procedures, nursing assessment, physical assessment and treatment measures.
- 3-5 years experience in a combination of remote rural, hospital and community settings and/or public health.
Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of community based health care.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to direct staff to ensure an effective and efficient working environment.
- Sensitivity to the needs of the community.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multidisciplinary setting.
This position will remain open until filled. Please submit your resume and three work reference contacts to:
Debbie Inman, CHRL
Manager of Human Resources
NorWest Community Health Centres
Main Office – Thunder Bay Site
525 Simpson Street
Thunder Bay, Ontario
FAX: 622-7637 TEL : 626-8481 E-mail: email@example.com
Feel Better, Live Longer, Be Happier