Community Health Worker
We'll Show You The Way
Finding the right support services and getting the information you need is challenging when working with complex health and social service systems. We assist clients in finding effective ways to communicate with community systems such as legal aid clinics, homeless support agencies, and advocacy groups.
We focus on serving vulnerable and at-risk clients to ensure the supports and services needed are available, while also empowering clients to self-advocate.
The Community Health Worker (CHW) role is well-established within Community Health Centres. When meeting with a CHW at the NorWest Community Health Centres you will:
- Receive information and assistance to access community and health resources in areas such as income, housing, food security, health literacy, life skills, health, mental health and social supports
- Receive information about our primary health care, health promotion services, and other community-based services
- Be encouraged to participate in life skills and financial literacy programs, either individually or in a group setting
- Be encouraged to participate in health and wellness programs, illness prevention, and self-management programs
- Receive coaching to help achieve your personal goals
- Receive coordinated crisis response services when needed
- Receive help securing personal identification and provided support with forms
Feel Better, Live Longer, Be Happier