Important for a Health Life
Healthy eating is important for a healthy life. But sometimes you need help planning your diet - to control health conditions including diabetes and heart problems and to maintain your good health. Clients of NorWest Community Health Centres can connect with a dietitian as needed.
Depending on what you need, the dietitian may:
- Help you understand the importance of choosing the right foods for your health
- Talk with you about your current eating habits to see how your health might be affected
- Develop a meal plan with you to help you choose good foods and avoid less healthy options
- Help you find ways of getting the foods you need for your meal plan
- Refer you to group programs for even more help and support
The dietitian helps increase your general health and helps decrease the chances of an emergency due to your medical condition.
Feel Better, Live Longer, Be Happier