Community Health Worker - FASD
Thunder Bay Site - .5 FTE
One of a network of over 75 provincial community health centres, the NorWest Community Health Centres is a community based, non-profit organization funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and the North West Local Health Integration Network, emphasizing access to primary health care and prevention programs and services.
We are currently seeking a Community Health Worker - FASD, who as a valuable members of the Community Health Centre team, will provide support for clients with complex and multiple needs referred to the Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) Program.
- Honours Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in health or social sciences or relevant experience.
- Function as a resource for clients, families, health care providers and other community partners.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and group facilitation skills.
- A current driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Experience with FASD an asset.
- Ability to assist clients with complex and multiple needs.
- Ability to effectively advocate for programs and services.
- Ability to engage clients and inter-professional team members in the development of individualized care plans.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement programs for vulnerable populations.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within an interdisciplinary model of care.
Please submit your application with three work related references no later than Friday, February 23, 2018 at 4:30 p.m. to:
Manager of Human Resources
NorWest Community Health Centres
Main Office – Thunder Bay Site
525 Simpson Street
Thunder Bay, Ontario P7C 3J6
FAX: (807) 622-7637 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Feel Better, Live Longer, Be Happier