Thunder Bay Site – 1 Permanent Full Time position
We are currently seeking a Therapist, who as a valuable member of the Community Health Centre team, will provide individual, couple and family counselling, facilitate groups and promote good mental health via a variety of programs and activities.
One of a network of over 75 provincial community health centres, the NorWest Community Health Centres is a community based, non-profit organization funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and the North West Local Health Integration Network, emphasizing access to primary health care and prevention programs and services.
- Graduate degree in health or a social science related discipline.
- Training in psychotherapy, with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience.
- Excellent interpersonal andcommunication skills
- Ability to be an effective team member as well as work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to use critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to provide high quality care and services both individually and in groups
- Proficiency in the use of computers and software applications;
- Awareness of and sensitivity to the mental and social needs of vulnerable populations
- Demonstrated ability to provide trauma informed and client centered care which therapeutically supports individuals with complex needs.
Please submit your application with three work references no later than 4:30 pm on Monday Jan 8, 2018.
Debbie Inman, CHRP
Human Resources Manager
NorWest Community Health Centres
Main Office – Thunder Bay Site
525 Simpson Street
Thunder Bay, OntarioP7C 3J6
FAX: (807) 622-7637
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Feel Better, Live Longer, Be Happier