Service Delivery Philosophy Policy
NorWest Community Health Centres (NorWest CHC) believes health is determined by many factors, including housing, environment, education, gender inequality, social support, opportunities for employment, and contributions to society.
We believe people have the right and the capacity to participate in and make informed choices about the factors that affect their health and their health care.
NorWest CHC will inform clients, in an appropriate manner, of their rights to:
- Independent expression
- Choice to accept or refuse treatment or services
- Be treated with respect, dignity, consideration, in privacy, in a safe and secure service environment free of discrimination
Your Rights & Responsibilities
NorWest CHC encourages you to learn as much as you can about your health and well-being, and to recognize the things that affect it. We believe everyone has the right to be treated with respect, dignity, and privacy. In conjunction with those rights, you have the responsibility to ensure you get the best care possible. Clients are supported by interdisciplinary teams to reach their goals.
Everyone Has Rights and Responsibilities
Everyone has the right to:
- health care—and the responsibility to take care of themselves
- healthy, affordable, culturally-appropriate food, every day—and the responsibility to make healthy food choices
- be taken seriously—and the responsibility to listen to others
- a clean environment—and the responsibility not to pollute it
- be included, whatever their abilities—and the responsibility to respect others for their differences
- an education—and the responsibility to seek out lifelong learning
- safe and affordable housing—and the responsibility to ensure it is safe and well maintained
- make mistakes—and the responsibility to learn from mistakes
- be proud of their heritage and beliefs—and the responsibility to respect cultures and beliefs of others
NorWest CHC respects the client’s right to seek a second opinion about their medical management and to make a complaint without fear of any consequence to their care.