Receptionist/Secretary - Casual Relief
One of a network of over 75 provincial community health centres, the NorWest Community Health Centres is a community based, non-profit organization funded by Ontario Health, emphasizing access to primary health care and prevention programs and services.
The Casual Relief Receptionist/Secretary, as a valued member of the Community Health Centre team, is responsible for a busy front desk, greeting clients, visitors, monitoring client flow, handling incoming telephone calls, scheduling appointments and updating the client database.
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Experience as a Receptionist/Secretary is an asset.
- A professional and friendly telephone manner and experience in dealing with the public in a mature sensitive and helpful manner in person and by telephone.
- High proficiency/accuracy in word processing and data entry skills is an asset.
- Excellent organizational skills, judgment, tact and problem solving skills.
- Awareness and sensitivity to socio-economic and cultural issues.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to health issues particularly within populations who face barriers to accessing care (under housed, living with mental health challenges or diagnoses, current or past substance use, complex health histories, 2SLGBTQI+, newcomers, non-insured).
How to Apply – Please Specify Job Title in Subject Line
The deadline for applicants is Friday May 14, 2021 at 4:30 p.m.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and three work reference contacts to:
NWCHC’s is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Feel Better, Live Longer, Be Happier