Diabetes Nurse Educator: RN - 1 FTE (Maternity Leave Contract – April 2021 to October, 2022)
One of a network of over 75 provincial community health centres, the NorWest Community Health Centres is a community based, non-profit organization funded by Ontario Health, emphasizing access to primary health care and prevention programs and services.
We are currently seeking a Diabetes Nurse Educator, who as a valuable member of the Community Health Centre team will provide nutrition education programs on an individual and group basis. The Diabetes Nurse Educator is also a member of the primary care team and will provide clinical counselling to clients of the Centre in Longlac, Geraldton and surrounding areas.
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) designation by the Canadian Diabetes Educators Certification Board or be eligible and willing to obtain certification.
- Registered Nurse with current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and group facilitation skills.
- Proven experience working in community based programs and ability to develop and implement participant driven programs.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings.
- Strong ability to think critically and problem solve creatively
- Ability to work both independently, and collaboratively, within an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Awareness and sensitivity to socio-economic and cultural issues.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to health issues particularly within populations who face barriers to accessing care (under housed, living with mental health challenges or diagnoses, current or past substance use, complex health histories, 2SLGBTQI+, newcomers, non-insured).
- Proficiency in electronic charting.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Bilingualism in French and English would be an asset.
How to Apply – Please Specify Job Title in Subject Line
This position will remain open until filled.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and three work reference contacts to:
NWCHC’s is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Feel Better, Live Longer, Be Happier