Family Physician: Thunder Bay & Longlac Site (Virtual Care) 1 FTE (.50 FTE Thunder Bay & .50 FTE Longlac)
A unique and flexible Family Physician position(s) is available to serve our growing client population.
One of a network of over 75 provincial community health centres, the NorWest Community Health Centres (CHC) is a community based, non-profit agency funded by the Ministry of Health and North West Health Integration Network, emphasizing access to Primary Health Care, in a multidisciplinary team setting.
We are currently seeking a 1 FTE Family Physician, who as a valuable member of the Community Health Centre team will provide primary care to clients and their families within a care model which emphasizes, harm reduction, health promotion/education, empowerment and teamwork. We have a team of Physicians, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Dietitian, Therapists, Community Health Workers and Administrative support staff.
This position could be Thunder Bay or Longlac based with virtual care and travel required, accommodation may be provided. There is no overhead and is a salaried position with excellent benefits compensation package, including the Health Care of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP).Flexibility in work hours is available.
- Medical degree and family residency from a recognized university.
- CPSO license and member of CMPA.
- Experience in a combination of hospital and community settings and/or public health.
- Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of community based health care.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team setting.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to health issues particularly within populations who face barriers to accessing care (under housed, living with mental health challenges or diagnoses, current or past substance use, complex health histories, 2SLGBTQI+, newcomers, non-insured).
- Experience in mental health and addictions medicine will be considered an asset and is preferred.
How to Apply – Please Specify Job Title in Subject Line
This position will remain open until filled.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and three work reference contacts to:
NWCHC’s is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Feel Better, Live Longer, Be Happier