Nurse Practitioner - 1 FTE
We are currently seeking a Nurse Practitioner (RN-EC) for a full-time permanent position, who as a valuable member of the Community Health Centre team will provide services within the RN-EC scope of practice at our Longlac site. There is a strong practice emphasis on disease prevention, health promotion, and education and community partnerships.
Longlac is a three and a half hour drive (320kms) east of Thunder Bay halfway between Toronto and Winnipeg on the shore of Long Lake a half hour from Geraldton and two hours from Hearst.
- A population of 1,700, Longlac is a family friendly bilingual community offering many outdoor leisure activities for a healthy family living lifestyle.
- A Multidisciplinary Team: 1 Physician, 2 Nurse Practitioners, 3 RN’s, 1 Dietitian, Community Health Workers, Lab Assistant, Community Nutrition Workers and Administrative Support Staff.
- Telemedicine equipment on site. Courtesy Privileges for diagnostic tests ordered through Geraldton District Hospital – half hour away. Ambulance base is located next door to the Health Centre. Nightingale on Demand for Electronic Client Records.
- BScN in nursing from a recognized university.
- Certificate in the extended class from the CNO.
- Thorough knowledge and proficiency in current nursing procedures, nursing assessment, physical assessment and treatment measures.
- 3-5 years experience in a combination of remote rural, hospital and community settings and/or public health.
- Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of community based health care.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to direct staff to ensure an effective and efficient working environment.
- Sensitivity to the needs of the community.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multidisciplinary setting.
Please submit your resume and three work reference contacts to:
*This position will remain open until filled
Debbie Inman, CHRL
Manager of Human Resources
Norwest Community Health Centres
Main Office – Thunder Bay Site
525 Simpson Street
Thunder Bay, Ontario P7C 3J6
FAX: 622-7637 TEL : 626-8481
Feel Better, Live Longer, Be Happier