NURSE PRACTITIONER - Locum(s) On going for 2021
We are seeking to fill an ongoing locum period for 2021. A minimum of five days is requested for a locum period.
Comfortable housing is provided a close distance to the Centre.Travel time, airfare and mileage are reimbursed.
There is a strong practice emphasis on harm reduction, disease prevention, health promotion, and education and community partnerships.
Longlac is a three-and-a-half-hour drive (320 kms) east of Thunder Bay halfway between Toronto and Winnipeg on the shore of Long Lake a half hour from Geraldton and two hours from Hearst.
- A population of 1,700, Longlac is a family friendly bilingual community offering many outdoor leisure activities for a healthy family living lifestyle.
- A Multidisciplinary Team: 1 Physician, 2 Nurse Practitioners, 3 RN’s, 1 Dietitian, Community Health Workers, Lab Assistant, Community Nutrition Worker and Administrative Support Staff. Telemedicine equipment on site. Courtesy Privileges for diagnostic tests ordered through Geraldton District Hospital – half hour away. Ambulance base located next door to the health Centre. PS Suites for Electronic Client Records.
- BScN in nursing from a recognized university.
- Certificate in the extended class from the CNO.
- Three to five years’ work experience is preferred but new graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Thorough knowledge and proficiency in current nursing procedures, nursing assessment, physical assessment and treatment measures.
- Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of community based health care.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to direct staff to ensure an effective and efficient working environment.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to health issues particularly within populations who face barriers to accessing care (under housed, living with mental health challenges or diagnoses, current or past substance use, complex health histories, 2SLGBTQI+, newcomers, non-insured)
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multidisciplinary setting.
How to Apply – Please Specify Job Title in Subject Line
This position will remain open until filled.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and three work reference contacts to:
Debbie Inman, CHRL
Manager of Human Resources
Norwest Community Health Centres
Main Office – Thunder Bay Site
525 Simpson Street
Thunder Bay, Ontario
FAX:622-7637 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Feel Better, Live Longer, Be Happier