Receptionist/Secretary - Casual Relief
One of a network of over 75 provincial community health centres, the NorWest Community Health Centres is a community based, non-profit organization funded by the Ministry of Health and the North West Local Health Integration Network, emphasizing access to primary health care and prevention programs and services.
The Casual Relief Receptionist/Secretary, as a valued member of the Community Health Centre team, is responsible for a busy front desk, greeting clients and translation as necessary in French for the public and visitors, monitoring client flow, handling incoming telephone calls, scheduling appointments and updating the client database.
- Demonstrated ability to perform well under stress and to deal with multiple demands and unpredictable delays.
- Excellent organizational skills, judgment, tact and problem solving skills.
- A professional and friendly telephone manner and experience in dealing with the public in a mature, sensitive and helpful manner in person and by telephone.
- Good knowledge of medical terminology and high proficiency/accuracy in word processing, and data entry skills is an asset.
- Awareness and sensitivity to socio-economic and cultural issues.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to health issues particularly within populations who face barriers to accessing care (under housed, living with mental health challenges or diagnoses, current or past substance use, complex health histories, 2SLGBTQI+, newcomers, non-insured).
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Bilingualism is required.
How to Apply – Please Specify Job Title in Subject Line
The deadline for applicants is Friday, February 19, 2021 at 4:30 pm.
This position will remain open until filled.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and three work reference contacts to:
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Feel Better, Live Longer, Be Happier