RN/RPN - Casual Relief
The NorWest Community Health Centres – Longlac Site, requires an RN/RPN - Casual Relief, who will be a member of the primary care team assisting in the delivery of primary care services to the clients of the Centre with a strong emphasis on disease prevention, health promotion/education and empowerment.
We are funded by Ontario Health to provide primary care and health promotion programs to members of a diverse community.
- Thorough knowledge and proficiency in current nursing procedures, nursing assessment, physical assessment and treatment measures.
- Two to four years’ experience with a combination of hospital and community settings and/or public health.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of community-based health care.
- Awareness and sensitivity to socio-economic and cultural issues.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to health issues particularly within populations who face barriers to accessing care (under housed, living with mental health challenges or diagnoses, current or past substance use, complex health histories, 2SLGBTQI+, newcomers, non-insured).
- Certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Nursing Certificate from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Knowledge of computerized systems.
How to Apply – Please Specify Job Title in Subject Line
The position will remain open until filled.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and three work reference contacts to:
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Feel Better, Live Longer, Be Happier