A community approach to care for you and your family, when living with a life-limiting illness.
Palliative Carelink is a community of doctors, nurses, counsellors, and other health professionals that strive to implement an earlier approach to palliative care. Through individually centered care plans that are developed with current care providers, Palliative Carelink supports clients and their family by giving them the opportunity to live their life more comfortably.
We take care of our client’s present condition while planning for future needs.
Living with a life-limiting illness can be very difficult. Palliative Carelink understands that illnesses and their treatments affect quality of life, while the stress of what a client is going through, can have a big impact on their family.
PALLIATIVE CARELINK PROVIDES SUPPORT BY:
- Connecting clients, caregivers, families and providers to programs and services so the client gets the best care possible and is more prepared to meet challenges as they arise.
- Becoming a common thread that assists with ensuring 24-hour access to expertise and consultation in addition to advance care planning and support with difficult discussions and choices.
- Making the client as comfortable as possible to improve quality of life.
- Ensuring open communication about choices and treatment available for the client’s illness and management of symptoms.
YOU MAY WANT TO CONSIDER PALLIATIVE CARELINK, IF YOU OR YOUR LOVED ONE...
- Need support understanding your situation and coordinating healthcare
- Need help to navigate the healthcare system and prepare for upcoming changes
- Need support for the difficult discussions about choices for the future
For further information contact us today: (807) 626- 7873. You can also download this registration form to start your journey today.
ABOUT OUR LOGO:
The Palliative Carelink logo represents the client journey and model of care that is the foundation of the program.
The dragonfly, in almost every part of the world symbolizes change, and the kind of change that has its source in mental and emotional maturity, and the understanding of the deeper meaning of life. The dragonfly also indicates wisdom, light and hold insights of adaptability in life. It shows up in people’s lives to remind them that they need to bring a lightness and joy to their life.
It´s also considered a symbol of transformation because of the way that it grows. They live a complete life in only seven months. Dragonflies are born in the water and begin to grow there, but then they move into the air and learn to fly. Dragonflies also have incredible flight patterns and are able to change their direction of flight quickly without much effort, as they glide and fly through the air. Dragonflies are a reminder to live life fully present and look for the gifts and beauty that you encounter each day.
The dragonfly is meant to inspire and motivate people to be flexible and adaptable in the situations that they come across in life. It demonstrates how a client can adapt to their situation and be peaceful with the support of their circle.
The circle acts as a community of support surrounding the client and their family they are at the center of all services. It represents the health professionals that come together to form the program, with one goal— helping to relieve suffering and improve the quality of life. The circle is also symbolic, bringing the notion of totality, wholeness and strength. This demonstrates how the Palliative Carelink, through an interprofessional team, works with its patients to treat all active health issues and prevent new issues from occurring.
Feel Better, Live Longer, Be Happier