1 FTE System Navigator - Maternity Leave Contract (June 2021 to January 2023)
One of a network of over 75 provincial community health centres, the NorWest Community Health Centres is a community based, non-profit organization funded by Ontario Health, emphasizing access to primary health care and prevention programs and services.
We are currently seeking a 1 FTE contract position, System Navigator to support the Team Care and Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder Program (FASD). This System Navigator, who as a valued member of the organization will provide guidance, assistance and supports for clients in the communities we serve to navigate the healthcare, public services and social service system, and, provide support for clients with complex and multiple needs referred to the Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) Program.
- Honours Bachelor of Social Work degree or college diploma in health or social sciences.
- Minimum one-year work experience.
- Ability to effectively, engage clients in the assessment and planning regarding their care.
- Ability to effectively, assist clients with multiple, complex needs.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and advocate for services to support clients in their care.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a resource for clients, families, health care providers and other community partners.
- Experience and knowledge of FASD is an asset.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to health issues particularly within populations who face barriers to accessing care (under housed, living with mental health challenges or diagnoses, current or past substance use, complex health histories, 2SLGBTQI+, newcomers, non-insured).
- Understanding of the social determinants of health.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and group facilitation skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- A current driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team.
- Strong writing and documentation skills.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records is an asset.
How to Apply – Please Specify Job Title in Subject Line
The deadline for applicants is Friday, May 7, 2021 at 4:30 p.m.
This position will remain open until filled.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and three work reference contacts to:
NWCHC’s is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Feel Better, Live Longer, Be Happier