Behavioural Therapist (FASD) Program - 1 FTE
One of a network of over 75 provincial community health centres, the Norwest Community Health Centres is a community based, non-profit organization funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and the North West Local Health Integration Network, emphasizing access to primary health care and prevention programs and services.
We are currently seeking a Behavioural Therapist who will support individuals, families and client engaged in the Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder Program, who as a valuable member of the Community Health Centre team, will integrate behavioural interventions for clients within our primary care practice.
- Graduate Degree in relevant field with 3-5 years experience.
- Strong working knowledge and experience implementing behavioral interventions with people who have been diagnosed with FASD.
- Ability to design, develop and implement individualized behavioral interventions for clients who are connected with the FASD program.
- Ability to promote skill development in behavioural interventions for community health workers and support staff.
- Guide clients/families through interventions using the counselling process of engagement, assessment, goal setting and action planning, evaluation, generalization and maintenance.
- Experience working with people who have multiple vulnerabilities including mental health, trauma and addictions.
- Commitment to ensuring that interventions are evidence based and/align with best practice approaches.
- Understanding and value alignment with harm reduction approaches and trauma informed care.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and advocate for services.
- Function as a resource for clients, families, health care providers and other community partners.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and group facilitation skills.
- A current driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Current certification in First Aid/CPR, suicide prevention and crisis de-escalation are an asset.
How to Apply – Please Specify Job Title in Subject Line
The deadline for applicants is Friday, January 22, 2021 at 4:30 p.m.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and three work reference contacts to:
NWCHC’s is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Feel Better, Live Longer, Be Happier