Chiropodist - Contract (14 hours Bi-weekly)
One of a network of over 75 provincial community health centres, the NorWest Community Health Centres is a community based, non-profit organization funded by Ontario Health emphasizing access to primary health care and prevention programs and services.
We are currently seeking a Contract Chiropodist to provide services to clients of NorWest Community Health Centres, who would work with the multidisciplinary team to provide chiropody services at the Thunder Bay site. There is a strong practice emphasis on disease prevention, health promotion, education, and community partnerships.
- Graduation from an accredited School of Chiropody.
- Current registration with the College of Chiropodists of Ontario.
- Experience providing foot care services to people living with diabetes.
- Thorough knowledge of and proficiency in the theory behind and practical application of chiropody.
- Experience in supporting individuals living with mental health and addiction challenges.
- Awareness and sensitivity to socio-economic and cultural issues.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to health issues particularly within populations who face barriers to accessing care (under housed, living with mental health challenges or diagnoses, current or past substance use,
complex health histories, 2SLGBTQI+, newcomers, non-insured).
- Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of community based health care.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary environment.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multidisciplinary setting.
- Experience and knowledge working with the Centre’s priority populations.
How to Apply - Please Specify Job Title in Email Subject Line
Position open until filledPlease submit your cover letter, resume and three work reference contacts to:
Debbie Inman, Manager of Human Resources, CHRL
NorWest Community Health Centres
525 Simpson Street
Thunder Bay, Ontario P7C 3J6
FAX: 622-7637 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
NWCHC’s is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Feel Better, Live Longer, Be Happier