Community Health Worker - 1 FTE
One of a network of over 75 provincial community health centres, the NorWest Community Health Centres is a community based, non-profit organization funded by Ontario Health, emphasizing access to primary health care and prevention programs and services.
We are currently seeking a Community Health Worker who will provide supports for clients and deliver programs in the communities that we serve.
- Honours Bachelor degree in Social Work (HBSW) or Registered Practical Nurse diploma (RPN);
- Two to three years of related experience;
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and group facilitation skills;
- Ability to work effectively with marginalized and under serviced population;
- Ability to effectively engage clients in the assessment and planning with regards to their needs;
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and advocate for services to support clients in their care;
- A strong understanding of the determinants of health framework;
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team;
- Strong writing and documentation skills;
- Awareness and sensitivity to socio-economic and cultural issues;
- Awareness of and sensitivity to health issues particularly within populations who face barriers to accessing care (under housed, living with mental health challenges or diagnoses, current or past substance use, complex health histories, 2SLGBTQI+, newcomers, non-insured);
- Ability to work flexible hours;
- A current driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
How to Apply – Please Specify Job Title in Subject Line
The deadline for applicants is Friday, June 18, 2021 at 4:30 p.m.
This position will remain open until filled.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and three work reference contacts to:
Debbie Inman, Manager of Human Resources CHRL
NorWest Community Health Centres
525 Simpson Street
Thunder Bay, Ontario P7C 3J6
FAX: 622-7637 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
NWCHC’s is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Feel Better, Live Longer, Be Happier