Community Health Worker: 1FTE Contract (December, 2020 - March 31, 2021)
One of a network of over 75 provincial community health centres, the NorWest Community Health Centres is a community based, non-profit organization funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and the North West Local Health Integration Network, emphasizing access to primary health care and prevention programs and services.
We are currently seeking a Community Health Worker, who as a valuable member of the Community Health Centre team will provide support for clients with complex and multiple needs in the communities we serve.
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in health or social sciences or relevant work experience.
- Ability to effectively provide assistance to clients with complex and multiple needs.
- Ability to work effectively with the vulnerably housed and significantly health disadvantaged populations.
- Respects and values the diversity of communities and individuals.
- Function as a resource for clients, families, health care providers and other community partners.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and group facilitation skills.
- A current driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Ability to support clients by advocating for options and services based on their needs.
- Ability to engage clients in their care plan.
- Support the multidisciplinary team with the development of the client’s care plan.
How to Apply - Please Specify Job Title in Email Subject Line
The deadline for applicants is Friday, November 27, 2020 at 4:30 pm.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and three work reference contacts to:
NWCHC’s is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Feel Better, Live Longer, Be Happier