Community Health Worker: Mental Health - 1 FTE Maternity Leave Contract (April, 2021 to September, 2022)
One of a network of over 75 provincial community health centres, the NorWest Community Health Centres is a community based, non-profit organization funded by Ontario Health, emphasizing access to primary health care and prevention programs and services.
We are currently seeking a Community Health Worker, as a valuable member of the Community Health Centre team, will provide support for clients with complex and multiple needs in the communities that we serve.
- Ability to provide assistance to clients with complex and multiple needs;
- Ability to triage clients with a focus on mental health;
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and advocate for services and to engage clients in their care;
- Support the multidisciplinary team with the development of the client’s care plan;
- Function as a resource for clients, families, health care providers and other community partners;
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team;
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and group facilitation skills;
- A current driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle;
- Ability to work effectively with marginalized and under serviced population;
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work (HBSW) or Registered Practical Nurse diploma (RPN);
- Two to three years of experience;
- safeTALK and ASIST trained a definite asset;
- Awareness of and sensitivity to health issues particularly within populations who face barriers to accessing care (under housed, living with mental health challenges or diagnoses, current or past substance use, complex health histories, 2SLGBTQI+, newcomers, non-insured);
- Awareness and sensitivity to socio-economic and cultural issues;
How to Apply – Please Specify Job Title in Subject Line
Posted until the position is filled.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and three work reference contacts to:
NWCHC’s is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Feel Better, Live Longer, Be Happier