Family Physician: 1 FTE (.50 FTE Permanent & .50 FTE Contract to March 31, 2021)
A Family Physician position(s) is available to serve our growing client population.
One of a network of over 75 provincial community health centres, the NorWest Community Health Centres (CHC) is a community based, non-profit agency funded by the North West Health Integration Network, emphasizing access to Primary Health care and prevention programs and services.Telemedicine equipment is available and the Centre uses Electronic Medical Records.
We are currently seeking a 1 FTE Family Physician, who as a valuable member of the Community Health Centre team will provide primary care to clients and their families within a care model which emphasizes health promotion/education and empowerment.We have a team of Physicians, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Dietitian, Therapists, Community Health Workers and Administrative support staff.
There is no overhead and is a salaried position with excellent benefits for the .50 FTE permanent position. It is based on a 17.5 hour weekly schedule with an attractive salary and benefits compensation package.The Health Care of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP) is a benefit.Flexibility in work hours is available. There are no benefits in the contract position.
- Medical degree and family residency from a recognized university.
- CPSO license and member of CMPA.
- Experience in a combination of hospital and community settings and/or public health.
- Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of community based health care.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sensitivity to the needs of a multicultural community and diverse populations.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multidisciplinary setting.
- Ability to work effectively with marginalized and under serviced populations.
- Experience in mental health and addictions medicine will be considered an asset and is preferred.
How to Apply – Please Specify Job Title in Subject Line
The deadline for applicants is Monday, August 10, 2020 at 4:30 p.m.
(This position will remain open until filled).
Please submit your cover letter, resume and three work reference contacts to:
NWCHC’s is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Feel Better, Live Longer, Be Happier