Family Physician: Locum Contract (Parental Leave) Monday to Friday - 17.5 hours a Week (June 3, 2019 – July 5, 2019)
One of a network of over 75 provincial community health centres, the NorWest Community Health Centres is a community based, non- profit organization funded by the North West Local Health Integration Network and the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, emphasizing access to primary health care, prevention programs and services.
We are currently seeking a Family Physician, who as a valuable member of the Community Health Centre team will provide primary care to clients and their families within a care model which emphasizes health promotion/education and empowerment.Practicing at NorWest CHC’s provides longer appointment times and lower patient volumes than many other primary care settings.We have a team of Physicians, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Dietitian, Therapists, Community Health Workers and Administrative support staff.
- Medical degree and family residency from a recognized university.
- CPSO license and member of CMPA.
- Experience in a combination of hospital and community settings and/or public health.
- Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of community based health care.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sensitivity to the needs of a multicultural community and diverse populations.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multidisciplinary setting.
- Ability to work effectively with marginalized and under serviced populations.
- Experience in addictions medicine will be considered an asset.
How to Apply – Please Specify Job Title in Subject Line
*This position will remain open until filled.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and three work reference contacts to:
NWCHC’s is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Feel Better, Live Longer, Be Happier