Health Promoter - .50 FTE Contract Position (June, 2019 to March 31, 2020)
One of a network of over 75 provincial community health centres, the NorWest Community Health Centres is a community based, non-profit organization funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and the North West Local Health Integration Network, emphasizing access to primary health care and prevention programs and services.
We are currently seeking a Health Promoter, who as a valuable member of the Community Health Centre team, will implement sustainable evidence-based health promotion programs in the communities that we serve.
- Graduate degree in Health Promotion, Community Development, Social/Health Science, and/or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in a community based setting.
- Strong understanding of Social Determinants of Health and Health Equity.
- Experience working with clientele who face multiple barriers to service.
- Demonstrates advanced competencies in effective teaching principles and practices and presentation skills.
- Highly developed skills in team work, collaboration, facilitation, problem solving, and ability to work independently and within an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to work with diverse communities with respect, sensitivity, creativity, innovation, cultural understanding and non-judgement.
- A current driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
How to Apply - Please Specify Job Title in Email Subject Line
Please submit your application with three work related references no later than Monday, June 17, 2019 at 4:30 p.m. to:
Debbie Inman, CHRL
Manager of Human Resources
NorWest Community Health Centres
Main Office – Thunder Bay Site
525 Simpson Street
Thunder Bay, Ontario P7C 3J6
FAX: 622-7637E-mail: email@example.com
NWCHC’s is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Feel Better, Live Longer, Be Happier