LOCUM NURSE PRACTITIONER 1 FTE (Mar 2021 to Jan 2022, part time work may be possible)
One of a network of over 75 provincial community health centres, the NorWest Community Health Centres is a community based, non-profit organization funded by the Ministry of Health and the North West Local Health Integration Network, emphasizing access to primary health care and prevention programs and services.
We are currently seeking a 1 FTE Contract Locum Nurse Practitioner (RN-EC) to cover a maternity leave, who as a valuable member of the Community Health Centre team will provide services within the RN-EC scope of practice at the Thunder Bay site. There is a strong practice emphasis on disease prevention, health promotion, education and community partnerships.
The position has a competitive salary and the Health Care of Ontario Pension Plan is an optional benefit.
- BScN in nursing from a recognized University.
- Certificate in the extended class from the CNO.
- Thorough knowledge and proficiency in current nursing procedures, nursing assessment, physical assessment and treatment measures.
- Experience providing service within walk in clinic setting an asset.
- Experience in supporting individuals living with mental health and addiction challenges.
- Awareness and sensitivity to socio-economic and cultural issues.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to health issues particularly within populations who face barriers to accessing
care (under housed, living with mental health challenges or diagnoses, current or past substance use,
complex health histories, 2SLGBTQI+, newcomers, non-insured).
- 3-5 years’ experience in a combination of remote rural, hospital and community settings and/or public health.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary environment.
- Flexibility in work hours is required and ability to work at different sites.
- Awareness of northern community health care needs.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multidisciplinary setting.
- Experience and knowledge working with the Centre’s priority populations.
Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of community based health care.
How to Apply - Please Specify Job Title in Email Subject Line
The deadline for applicants is Friday, February 26, 2021 by 4:30 p.m.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and three work reference contacts to:
Debbie Inman, Manager of Human Resources, CHRL
NorWest Community Health Centres
525 Simpson Street
Thunder Bay, Ontario P7C 3J6
FAX: 622-7637 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
NWCHC’s is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Feel Better, Live Longer, Be Happier