Manager of Mental Health and Addictions
One of a network of over 75 provincial community health centres, the NorWest Community Health Centres is a community based, non-profit organization funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and the North West Local Health Integration Network, emphasizing access to primary health care and prevention programs and services.
The primary focus of this new position is to provide leadership and support for the work of Mental Health and Addictions team. The Manager responsible for ensuring the provision of high quality primary care services in keeping with the principles of client centered collaborative care.
The Manager of Mental Health and Addictions provides direct supervision for the Consumption Treatment Services (Path 525), RAAM, FASD, MAPs and GAPS team staff.
- Current Ontario Registration as a Regulated Health Professional in a primary care discipline is an asset.
- Master’s degree in a health care discipline or additional relevant training is preferred.
- Three to five year’s management experience in a leadership and/or clinical supervision role.
- Preferred five years’ experience in clinical mental health and/or addictions practice
- Broad knowledge in the areas of harm reduction, addictions, the social determinants of health and health promotion.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities within an interdisciplinary team model of care.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in change management.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a client-centred approach.
- Strong organizational, administrative and time management skills.
- Promotes a positive work environment by facilitating the team work process and maintaining open communication with the Mental Health and Addictions staff.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbally.
- Experience in working effectively with culturally and economically diverse populations.
- Proficiency in the use of a personal computer and software programs including Microsoft Office, email and internet. Experience with electronic health records systems.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
How to Apply - Please Specify Job Title in Email Subject Line
The deadline for applicants is Friday, September 25, 2020 at 4:30 p.m.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and three work reference contacts to:
Feel Better, Live Longer, Be Happier