Manager of Mental Health and Addictions
One of a network of over 75 provincial community health centres, the NorWest Community Health Centres is a community based, non-profit organization funded by Ontario Health, emphasizing access to primary health care and prevention programs and services.
The primary focus of this new position is to provide leadership and support for the work of Mental Health and Addictions team. The Manager responsible for ensuring the provision of high quality primary care services in keeping with the principles of client centered collaborative care.
The Manager of Mental Health and Addictions provides program support and supervision for the Consumption Treatment Services (Path 525), RAAM, FASD, MAPs and GAPPS team staff.
- Current Ontario Registration as a Regulated Health Professional in a primary care discipline is an asset.
- Master’s degree in a health care discipline or additional relevant training is preferred.
- Three to five year’s management experience in a leadership role preferable in a mental health or addictions practice.
- Values alignment and knowledge in the areas of harm reduction, addictions and mental health, trauma informed care and social determinants of health.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to health issues particularly within populations who face barriers to accessing care (under housed, living with mental health challenges or diagnoses, current or past substance use, complex health histories, 2SLGBTQI+, newcomers, non-insured).
- Experience in working effectively with culturally and economically diverse populations.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a client-centred approach.
- Strong organizational, administrative and time management skills.
- Promotes a positive work environment that supports inter-professional model of care.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbally.
- Proficiency in the use of a personal computer and software programs including Microsoft Office, email and internet. Experience with electronic health records systems.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
How to Apply - Please Specify Job Title in Email Subject Line
The deadline for applicants is Friday, May 7, 2021 at 4:30 p.m.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and three work reference contacts to:
Debbie Inman, Manager of Human Resources, CHRL
NorWest Community Health Centres
525 Simpson Street
Thunder Bay, Ontario P7C 3J6
FAX: 622-7637 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel Better, Live Longer, Be Happier