NON CLINICAL SCREENERS
One of a network of over 75 provincial community health centres, the NorWest Community Health Centres is a community based, non-profit organization funded by the Ministry of Health and the North West Local Health Integration Network, emphasizing access to primary health care and prevention programs and services.
We are currently seeking, multiple full time/part time contract positions for Non Clinical Screeners. These positions are responsible to screen, monitor and possibly restrict access to the clinic site. To determine access eligibilities, the screeners will raise health questions and questions related travel as per the screening questionnaire developed for clients. Screeners will be expected to follow protocols when a client is determined to be a positive screen for COVID-19.
- Ability to perform under pressure while demonstrating courtesy at all times.
- Minimum Grade 11 education.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts and flexible hours.
- Must have command of the English language, both oral and written.
- Must be able to sit/stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Awareness and sensitivity to socio-economic and cultural issues.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to health issues particularly within populations who face barriers to accessing care (under housed, living with mental health challenges or diagnoses, current or past substance use, complex health histories, 2SLGBTQI+, newcomers, non-insured)
- Demonstrated ability to use electronic systems, follow process guidelines and adherence to protocols.
- Past customer service experience an asset.
- Must be able to deal effectively with the public.
- Ability to effectively communicate with variety of clients in a professional manner – especially when clients may dislike the process and possible delay.
How to Apply – Please Specify Job Title in Subject Line
The deadline for applicants is Friday, February 26, 2021 at 4:30 pm.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and three work reference contacts to:
Debbie Inman, Manager of Human Resources CHRL
NorWest Community Health Centres
525 Simpson Street
Thunder Bay, Ontario P7C 3J6
FAX: 622-7637 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
NWCHC’s is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Feel Better, Live Longer, Be Happier