Nurse Practitioner - June 2021 to November 2021 (Optional to apply for both or either .50 FTE positions)
One of a network of over 75 provincial community health centres, the NorWest Community Health Centres is a community based, non-profit organization, funded by Ontario Health emphasizing access to primary health care and prevention programs and services.
We are currently seeking a 1 FTE Nurse Practitioner (RN-EC), who as a valuable member of the Community Health Centre team will provide services within the RN-EC scope of practice at the Thunder Bay site.
The position will be .50 FTE in the Rapid Access Addictions Medicine Clinic (RAAM) and .50 FTE Primary Care. The RAAM Nurse Practitioner will provide addictions care to clients and their families within an interdisciplinary model. The approach to care is strengths-based and rooted in evidence-based practice and practice-based evidence. As a Primary Care Nurse Practitioner, primary health care services will be provided, to the clients of the Centre, with a strong emphasis on disease prevention, health promotion/education and empowerment.
The position has a competitive salary and the Health Care of Ontario Pension Plan.
- BScN in nursing from a recognized University.
- Certificate in the extended class from the CNO.
- Thorough knowledge and proficiency in current nursing procedures, nursing assessment, physical assessment and treatment measures.
- Awareness and sensitivity to socio-economic and cultural issues.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to health issues particularly within populations who face barriers to accessing care (under housed, living with mental health challenges or diagnoses, current or past substance use, complex health histories, 2SLGBTQI+, newcomers, non-insured).
- 3-5 years’ experience in a combination of remote rural, hospital and community settings and/or public health.
- Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of community-based health care.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary environment.
- Flexibility in work hours is required and ability to work at different sites.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multidisciplinary setting.
- Experience and knowledge working with the Centre’s priority populations.
- Suboxone trained and experienced.
- Methadone course (or eligible to complete).
- Knowledge and experience with all stages of substance abuse from intoxication through withdrawal, and maintenance for all commonly abused substances (alcohol, opioids, nicotine, marijuana, and cocaine).
- Valid driver’s license required and access to a vehicle.
How to Apply - Please Specify Job Title in Email Subject Line
The deadline for applicants is Friday, May 28, 2021.
This position will remain open until filled.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and three work reference contacts to:
NorWest Community Health Centres
525 Simpson Street
Thunder Bay, Ontario P7C 3J6
FAX: 622-7637 E-mail: email@example.com
NWCHC’s is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Feel Better, Live Longer, Be Happier