NURSE PRACTITIONER LOCUM: 1 FTE Maternity Leave Contract (March, 2019 to October, 2019 - with possibility of extension due to a LOA)
We are currently seeking a 1 FTE Nurse Practitioner (RN-EC), who as a valuable member of the Community Health Centre team will provide services within the RN-EC scope of practice at the Thunder Bay site. There is a strong practice emphasis on disease prevention, health promotion, education and community partnerships.
- BScN in nursing from a recognized University.
- Certificate in the extended class from the CNO.
- Thorough knowledge and proficiency in current nursing procedures, nursing assessment, physical assessment and treatment measures.
- Experience providing service within walk in clinic setting an asset.
- Experience in mental health and addiction issues.
- Experience with homeless populations and hard to serve populations.
- 3-5 years experience in a combination of remote rural, hospital and community settings and/or public health.
- Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of community based health care.
- Communication and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary environment.
- Flexibility in work hours is required and ability to work at different sites.
- Awareness of northern community health care needs.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multidisciplinary setting.
- Experience and knowledge working with the Centre’s priority populations.
How to Apply - Please Specify Job Title in Email Subject Line
The deadline for applicants is Friday, March 15, 2019. This position will remain open until filled.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and three work reference contacts to:
NWCHC’s is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Feel Better, Live Longer, Be Happier