Palliative Carelink - 1 FTE Therapist: (.50 FTE Permanent Palliative Care/.50 FTE (Contract until June 30, 2021; may be extended based on available funding)
One of a network of over 75 provincial community health centres, the NorWest Community Health Centres is a community based, non-profit organization funded by the Ministry of Health and the North West Local Health Integration Network, emphasizing access to primary health care and prevention programs and services.
We are currently seeking a 1 FTE Therapist who will work collaboratively with the Palliative Carelink Clinical Program and members of the NWCHC team. As a valuable member of the Community Health Centre team, the Therapist will provide therapy services to individuals, couples and families. This position will facilitate groups and promote health and wellness to individuals and families in need.
This position has a competitive salary, the Health Care of Ontario Pension Plan and an excellent group health benefit package.
- Masters’ degree in health or a social science related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience (specific experience with grief, loss, anxiety, depression).
- Understanding and knowledge of palliative and end of life care.
- Knowledge of working within a community based environment and knowledge of healthcare service delivery as it relates to palliative care.
- Ability to work effectively with community partners.
- Commitment to ensuring that interventions are evidence based and/align with best practice approaches.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational and group facilitation skills.
- Ability to effectively assess and provide services to medically and socially complex clients.
- Proficiency in the use of computers, knowledge of software applications and use of electronic medical records.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to health issues particularly within populations who face barriers to accessing care (under housed, living with mental health challenges or diagnoses, current or past substance use, complex health histories, 2SLGBTQI+, newcomers, non-insured).
- Demonstrated ability to provide culturally competent care to vulnerable populations.
- A current driver's license, access to a vehicle.
How to Apply – Please Specify Job Title in Subject Line
The deadline for applicants is Friday, February 19, 2021 at 4:30 p.m.
This position will remain open until filled.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and three work reference contacts to:
Feel Better, Live Longer, Be Happier