Registered Nurse (Kwae Kii Win Managed Alcohol Program): 1 FTE Contract – August, 2020 to October 31, 2020
One of a network of over 75 provincial community health centres, the NorWest Community Health Centres is a community based, non-profit organization funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and the North West Local Health Integration Network, emphasizing access to primary health care and prevention programs and services.
We are seeking a 1 FTE RN, for the Kwae Kii Win Managed Alcohol Program, located at the Shelter House. It is a harm reduction strategy that incorporates regulated doses of alcohol alongside housing and other support services to address the twin harms of severe alcohol dependence and homelessness. The Registered Nurse at the Managed Alcohol Program, as a valuable member of the NorWest Community Health Centres’ team is charged with assisting in the delivery of primary care services to the clients of the Managed Alcohol Program and Shelter House with a strong emphasis on disease prevention, harm reduction, health promotion/education and empowerment.
- Registered Nurse licensed to practice with the College of Nurses of Ontario; preferably a baccalaureate degree in nursing from a recognized university with public health experience.
- Thorough knowledge and proficiency in current nursing procedures, nursing assessment, physical assessments, and treatment measures.
- Proven experience working in a combination of hospital and community settings and/or public health, and ability to implement participant driven programs.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and group facilitation skills.
- Experience working with individuals with mental illness and/or addictions.
- Experience and understanding of harm reduction as a practice and philosophical framework.
- Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of community-based health care.
- Knowledge and understanding of community resources.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to socio economic and cultural issues.
- Respect for the perspective, experience and diversity of community members, clients, and staff.
- Valid driver's license required.
How to Apply – Please Specify Job Title in Subject Line
The deadline for applicants is Monday, August 10, 2020 by 4:30 p.m.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and three work reference contacts to:
NWCHC’s is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Feel Better, Live Longer, Be Happier