Registered Practical Nurse - 1 FTE
One of a network of over 75 provincial community health centres, the NorWest Community Health Centres is a community based, non-profit organization funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and the North West Local Health Integration Network, emphasizing access to primary health care and prevention programs and services.
We are currently seeking a 1 FTE RPN, as part of the clinical team, to use the principles of client centred care within the context of self-directed and interdisciplinary team approach, providing clinical care, illness prevention and health promotion within a community health centre environment.
- RPN with current College of Nurses of Ontario registration.
- Minimum 3-5 years nursing experience.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
- Strong organizational, communication and leadership skills.
- Strong ability to think critically and problem solve creatively
- Ability to work both independently, and collaboratively, within interdisciplinary team environment.
- Awareness and sensitivity to socio-economic and cultural issues.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to health issues particularly within populations who face barriers to accessing care (under housed, living with mental health challenges or diagnoses, current or past drug use, complex health histories, 2SLGBTQI+, newcomers, non-insured)
- Perform clinical activities according to the College of Nurses standards for nursing practice.
- Utilizes professional assessment skills to identify physical, mental, and psychosocial needs of clients.
- Knowledge and proficiency in current evidence based practices of primary care delivery, with an emphasis on health promotion and harm reduction.
- Experience and/or certification in cervical screening will be considered an asset, but not required.
- Proficiency in electronic charting.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license.
How to Apply – Please Specify Job Title in Subject Line
The deadline for applicants is Friday, January 22, 2021 at 4:30 pm.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and three work reference contacts to:
NWCHC’s is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Feel Better, Live Longer, Be Happier