RN/RPN - Path 525: Consumption and Treatment Services Site (CTS) - 1 FTE Contract: June 2021 to November 2021
One of a network of over 75 provincial community health centres, the NorWest Community Health Centres is a community based, non-profit organization funded Ontario Health, emphasizing access to primary health care and prevention programs and services.
NWCHC’s is seeking a compassionate, committed individual who will work in the Thunder Bay Path 525-Consumption Treatment Services (CTS) site. The CTS Registered Nurse/Registered Practical Nurse will be responsible for the daily work of the CTS site and will respond to overdose, teach safe injection practices, provide harm reduction education and minor wound care and refer to other services as needed. The Nurse will work collaboratively with other interdisciplinary team members and service providers, as well as with service users.
This position has a competitive salary and the Health Care of Ontario Pension Plan.
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse or Registered Practical Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Experience in a primary care, emergency room or street/outreach nursing.
- Significant frontline nursing harm reduction experience; values aligned with a harm reduction approach to service delivery.
- Experience with overdose prevention and response, physical ability to provide support in an overdose situation.
- Experience working with people who use drugs, as service users.
- Awareness and sensitivity to socio-economic and cultural issues.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to health issues particularly within populations who face barriers to accessing care (under housed, living with mental health challenges or diagnoses, current or past substance use, complex health histories, 2SLGBTQI+, newcomers, non-insured).
- Demonstrated ability to de-escalate conflict.
- Knowledge of community services and resources; strong advocacy skills.
- Proficiency in the use of computer technology and various software applications.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Respects and values the diversity of communities and individuals.
How to Apply - Please Specify Job Title in Email Subject Line
The deadline for applicants is Friday, May 28, 2021 at 4:30 p.m.
This position will remain open until filled.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and three work reference contacts to:
Debbie Inman, Manager of Human Resources, CHRL
NorWest Community Health Centres
525 Simpson Street
Thunder Bay, Ontario P7C 3J6
FAX: 622-7637 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
NWCHC’s is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Feel Better, Live Longer, Be Happier