Smoking Cessation: RN - 1 FTE Contract Position – June to September 2019 (Casual and Part-Time considered)
One of a network of over 75 provincial community health centres, the NorWest Community Health Centres is a community based, non-profit organization funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and the North West Local Health Integration Network, emphasizing access to primary health care and prevention programs and services.
We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse for a maternity leave coverage contract position for a tobacco reduction/cessation research project with a focus on those requiring support for mental health and addictions populations. This position may be filled through full time, part time or casual contract. As a valuable member of the Community Health Centre team, this position will provide tobacco reduction/cessation education and treatment programs on an individual and group basis, and work with a research team to develop the infrastructure, roll-out, and evaluation of this service in the primary care, outpatient, and inpatient settings.
- Registered Nurse with current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario preferred, Registered Practical Nurse considered.
- Masters’ degree in nursing, public health or related field preferred.
- Experience working in area of mental health required.
- Experience providing Moving On To Being Free smoking cessation program.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and group facilitation skills.
- Proven experience working in community based programs and ability to develop and implement participant driven programs.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to socio-economic and cultural issues.
- A valid driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle for delivery of programs.
- Ability to work effectively with marginalized and under serviced populations.
How to Apply – Please Specify Job Title in Subject Line
Please submit your application with three work related references no later than Monday, June 17, 2019 at 4:30 p.m. to:
Debbie Inman, CHRL
Manager of Human Resources
NorWest Community Health Centres
Main Office – Thunder Bay Site
525 Simpson Street
Thunder Bay, Ontario P7C 3J6
FAX: 622-7637E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
NWCHC’s is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Feel Better, Live Longer, Be Happier