System Navigator (Kwae Kii Win Managed Alcohol Program): 1 FTE - Contract August, 2020 to October 31, 2020
One of a network of over 75 provincial community health centres, the NorWest Community Health Centres is a community based, non-profit organization funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and the North West Local Health Integration Network, emphasizing access to primary health care and prevention programs and services.
We are seeking a 1 FTE System Navigator to work at the Kwae Kii Win Managed Alcohol Program at Shelter House. This is a harm reduction program that incorporates regulated doses of alcohol alongside housing and other support services to address the twin harms of severe alcohol dependence and homelessness. The System Navigator of the Managed Alcohol Program, as a valuable member of the NorWest Community Health Centres’ team, will provide and/or coordinate supportive services for MAP clients as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in health or social sciences or relevant experience.
- Experience working with clients with mental health and/or addictions.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Knowledge and proficiency in current assessment and short term counselling techniques
- Ability to deal with crises.
- Sensitivity to the needs of a multicultural community and the impacts of social, economic and cultural issues on health and well-being.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and group facilitation skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office.
How to Apply - Please Specify Job Title in Email Subject Line
The deadline for applicants is Monday, August 10, 2020 at 4:30 p.m.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and three work reference contacts to:
NWCHC’s is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Feel Better, Live Longer, Be Happier