Therapist: Team Care - 1 FTE
One of a network of over 75 provincial community health centres, the NorWest Community Health Centres is a community based, non-profit organization funded by the Ministry of Health and the North West Local Health Integration Network, emphasizing access to primary health care and prevention programs and services.
We are currently seeking a 1 FTE Therapist, who as a valuable member of the Community Health Centre team, will provide counselling to individuals, couples and families, facilitate groups at partnering health clinics in Thunder Bay.
This position has a competitive salary, the Health Care of Ontario Pension Plan and an excellent group health benefit package.
- Masters’ degree in health or a social science related discipline.
- Specific training in psychotherapy, with a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience.
- Ability to effectively assess and provide services to medically and socially complex clients.
- Experience working with people who have multiple vulnerabilities including mental health, trauma and addictions.
- Commitment to ensuring that interventions are evidence based and/align with best practice approaches.
- Understanding and value alignment with harm reduction approaches, trauma informed care.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to health issues particularly within populations who face barriers to accessing care (under housed, living with mental health challenges or diagnoses, current or past substance use, complex health histories, 2SLGBTQI+, newcomers, non-insured).
- Demonstrated ability to provide culturally competent care to vulnerable populations.
- Ability to work as an effective member of an inter-professional team.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and group facilitation skills.
- Proficiency in the use of computers, software applications and electronic medical records.
- A current driver's license, access to reliable vehicle to travel to designated outreach clinics.
- Current certification in First Aid/CPR, suicide prevention and crisis de-escalation are an asset.
How to Apply – Please Specify Job Title in Subject Line
The deadline for applicants is Friday, February 19, 2021 at 4:30 p.m.
This position will remain open until filled.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and three work reference contacts to:
NWCHC’s is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Feel Better, Live Longer, Be Happier