Therapist (Team Care) - 2 FTEs
One of a network of over 75 provincial community health centres, the NorWest Community Health Centres is a community based, non-profit organization funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and the North West Local Health Integration Network, emphasizing access to primary health care and prevention programs and services.
We are currently seeking two Therapists for Team Care, who as a valuable member of the Community Health Centre team, will provide individual, couple and family counselling, facilitate groups and promote good mental health via a variety of programs and activities.
- Graduate degree in health or a social science related discipline.
- Specific training in psychotherapy, with a minimum of three to five years’ experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and software applications.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to socio-economic and cultural issues.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team.
- Strong organizational and group facilitation skills.
- A current driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Current certification in First Aid/CPR, suicide prevention and crisis de-escalation are an asset.
- Understanding and value alignment with harm reduction approaches and trauma informed care.
- Experience working with people who have multiple vulnerabilities including mental health, trauma and addictions.
- Commitment to ensuring that interventions are evidence based and/align with best practice approaches.
How to Apply – Please Specify Job Title in Subject Line
The deadline for applicants is Friday, January 22, 2021 at 4:30 p.m.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and three work reference contacts to:
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Feel Better, Live Longer, Be Happier