NorWest CHC's Supports Pride 2018!
Come and join us in the Pride Parade and visit us in Marina Park on June 16th from 12-6pm
NorWest Community Health Centres (NWCHC) will once again participate in the Pride Parade and the Pride in the Park Music Festival. Come and visit our white tent with the blue swirl. We will chat with you about our services, provide health information about feeling good, have you join fun contests, and answer any questions. The Pride Parade will start at 12 noon near Magnus Theatre, 10 Algoma Street; all are welcome to come and watch or join in and dance (after all it is Pride)!
Gender Affirming Shared Care
NWCHC provides Gender Affirming Shared Care in partnership with your current primary care provider (Nurse Practitioner or Family Physician). This includes hormone therapy and gender affirming surgical referrals to include people who identify as trans or non-binary. Those enrolled in this program are required to continue to receive all other primary care from their current medical provider.
Primary Health Care
This is for community members that do not currently have a Nurse Practitioner or Family Physician. The care includes sexual health, preventative health screenings, medical support for transition process, therapy, foot care, and dietitian. To become a primary health care client at NWCHC please use the contact information below. Those receiving Gender Affirming Care in conjunction with their existing primary care provider are not eligible for primary health care.
Open to all community members
We have Community Health Workers that assist with finding needed supports, completing forms, and referrals to other agencies. In addition, we offer mobile health services and a walk-in clinic that is open 7 days a week. Programs hosted at NWCHC are also open to all:
- Gender Journeys Educational Group (ages 17+):June 23rd from 1-4pm, 9 weeks in duration at Elevate N.W.O this session, pre-register with Jodi at 626-7856.
- Gender Adventures Summer Day Camp (ages 9-17): August 20-25th,pre-register with Jodi at 626-7856
- Transgender Peer Support: Wednesdays from 6-8 pm
- The Other Ten Percent:LBGTTIQ+Questioning Youth (ages 12-25) that meets every other Thursday night.Facilitated by Children’s Centre Thunder Bay.June 14th this group will be meeting at the Marina Park Spirt Gardens for the Thunder Pride Night of Tribute at 6pm. Call 343-5078or find on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/other10percent/
- Gender Journey Alumni Support: Every other Thursday from 5-7 pm; call Jessy firstname.lastname@example.org to register and dates are available here: https://norwestchc.org/locations/thunder-bay/calendar
- Sexuality and Gender Equity Committee comprised of community organizations. Find on Facebook to learn more: https://www.facebook.com/SAGEThunderBay/
Training, Education, and Support
We have organized training on the topic of trans health to over 200 Medical Doctors, Nurse Practitioners, and Mental Health Professionals in Northwestern Ontario. We have collaborated with Rainbow Health Ontario and the Transgender Youth Clinic at Sick Kids Hospital. To be added to our monthly email list and be notified of events contact email@example.com.
NorWest Community Health Centres
NWCHC is a community based organization with a mandate to provide health and health promotion services for those who face the greatest barriers to accessing health care, and engaging those that are most at risk for developing health problems.
We address the social determinants of health by providing holistic, integrated and comprehensive care to those that face systemic barriers to accessing services. We make efforts to respond to high risk vulnerable individuals and advocate for the improvement of system wide service delivery of care.
To learn more about our specific services and supports at NorWest Community Health Centres please phone Jodi at (807) 626-7856 or visit our website www.norwestchc.org. We also are on Facebook www.facebook.com/NorWestCHC.
Feel Better, Live Longer, Be Happier