Any individuals that are 16 years of age and over experiencing substance use issues can receive counselling, appropriate addiction medications, and connections to community treatment programs. Services available include: Assessment of substance use concerns and review of treatment options brief intervention counseling and psychotherapy. Management of acute alcohol and opioid withdrawal. Outpatient tapering for patients on opioids or benzodiazepines. Medication assisted treatment for alcohol, opioid and cannabis use disorders. Education on overdose prevention and use of naloxone. Referral to community supports and treatment programs. Masks required for service
RAAM clinics are now operating out of NorWest Community Health Centre and Dilico Anishinabek Care.
NorWest CHC- Thunder Bay Site – 525 Simpson St. Monday-Thursday 1:30pm-4:30pm
NorWest CHC- Longlac Site – 99 Skinner Ave. Monday-Thursday 1:30pm-4:30pm
Dilico Anishinabek Family Care – 200 Anemki Pl. Monday, Friday and every second Tuesday 9:30am-11:30am
Walk-ins or call to schedule an appointment 807-626-8478. Agency/self-referrals accepted
Can The RAAM Clinic Help You?
The RAAM Clinic is not a medical detox, long-term addiction treatment facility or a family medicine clinic.
Our services are free of charge and include:
- Assessment of substance use concerns
- Review of treatment options including harm reduction and abstinence
- Prescription of addiction medications
- Education and support related to withdrawal
- Counselling and peer support services
- Education on overdose prevention and the use of Naloxone
- Referral to longer-term supports for ongoing care, if required
- Access to traditional healers and Indigenous cultural support.
What we don’t do
The RAAM Clinic does not provide:
- Diagnosis and treatment of chronic pain
- Narcotic prescriptions outside of narcotic dependence treatment protocols
- Long-term medical or addictions counselling services.
We support individuals who need:
- Support to address substance use issues
- Help to reduce cravings
- Assistance if substance use is negatively impacting your life
- A welcoming and judgement free place to talk about your substance use
- Transportation provided, if needed.
Am I eligible?
- Available to individuals 16 years of age and over
- Self-referrals and walk-ins are welcome
- Additional supports are available to those who need to obtain an Ontario Health Card.