Important for a Health Life
Healthy eating is important for a healthy life, but sometimes you need help planning your diet to live with health conditions including diabetes and heart problems and to better support your health. Clients of NorWest Community Health Centres can connect with a dietitian as needed.
- Help you explore your relationship with food
- Help you understand your body’s needs and the importance of food choices in nourishing your body
- Talk with you about your current eating habits to see how they may relate to your health
- Develop a flexible meal plan together with you to help you choose the best foods for you
- Refer you to community resources like food assistance programs and group programs for even more help and support
The dietitian helps improve your general health and helps decrease the chances of an emergency due to your medical condition.