Safe, Supportive & Non-Judgmental
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender & Queer (LGBTQ) clients are a priority at NorWest Community Health Centres (NWCHC). NWCHC provides individuals with safe, supportive, and non-judgmental health and counselling services.
- Primary health care
- Counselling and support groups (peer support) for individuals, their partners, and family members
- Education and information
- Sexual health and screening
- Medical support during transition for transgender clients
- Access to Telemedicine for long-distance appointments
Services are provided to clients registered with NWCHC and those seeking specialized services for transgendered care.
NWCHC is also active in the community by supporting 2SLGBTQI+ activities and services, and by participating in community-based projects including Thunder Pride.