Information To Support Pregnant And Breastfeeding People In Their Decision On Whether Or Not To Get The COVID-19 Vaccine
The Provincial Council for Maternal and Child Health would like to support individuals who are breastfeeding, pregnant, or those who plan to be pregnant learn more about their eligibility for the COVID-19 vaccine. To help patients and health care providers in the decision making process, please see resources available below.
Information Sheet – “I am pregnant or breastfeeding. Should I get the COVID-19 Vaccine?” This information sheet provides basic information only. It is not intended to provide or take the place of medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Talk to your doctor or midwife if you have any questions about the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Patient Information Sheet – Intended Use and References
- Information Sheet Feedback Form Please share your feedback on the PCMCH information sheet. This feedback is being collected by PCMCH in collaboration with the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at McMaster University and will be used to determine how many people in Ontario have used the tool, if they were satisfied with its content and/or if it has made an impact on their decision whether or not to get the COVID-19 vaccine.
Health Care Provider Resources
- COVID-19 Vaccine Decision Support Tool for Pregnant or Breastfeeding People – please click here.
- For all COVID-19 Vaccine Related Information and Planning Resources from the Ministry of Health, please check online here.
- For all COVID-19 Vaccination Information Resources from the Public Health Agency of Canada, please check online here.
- For other PCMCH provider resources, such as COVID-19 practice guidelines, please click here.
If you have any questions please contact Laura Zahreddine at Laura.Zahreddine@pcmch.on.ca.